Saturday, August 28, 2010

Blogging is Not Easy

I know it's been a few days since I've last posted anything, but I have had a lot on my mind with this blog. I'm frustrated, very frustrated. "Why?" you might ask. And I would reply, "Because Blogspot said that it would take less than 5 minutes to set up your blog, which is completely untrue!" Alright, I'll give that it DID take me less than five minutes to set up the template and my profile and whatnot, but there is A LOT more! You see, my blog is called Gemma's Word Gems. It shows up like that fine on my profile. BUT, on my follower's profile, where it says "Blogs I follow", it shows up as: Gemma#39;s Word Gems. HOW ANNOYING!!!!!!

And then of course I wonder why, and if it will show up this way on Google, and why is it different from mine, etc, etc. So, after a few days of research, here is what my mom and I discovered: The problem-apparently-has to do with my "Encoding". We found this "very helpful" guide on how you just go to "Settings" click on the "Formatting" tab, and then make sure the encoding is set to UTF-8. So what's the problem????

THERE IS NO "ENCODING"!!!!!!!!!

So now, my blog shows up on other people's profiles as Gemma#39;s Word Gems. (Sigh)

And while this is going on, I can't even concentrate on my writing! Grrrrrr...

Well, this has been my little outburst, and I am now drained of all energy. I'll post again soon, and keep you-whoever you are (if there's anyone)-updated. Wish me luck!!!!

No comments: