Saturday, December 18, 2010

When Nothing Goes Right.......Go Left!

Of course, now that it's time for the holidays I'm supposed to be writing more, BUT I CAN'T! My mind is currently like the Sahara desert, not a single drop of water (I write as I listen to "A Year Without Rain", wishing I had that dress). So, my brilliant plan? R-E-A-D!!!!!

Ok, you caught me. It's not exactly brilliant, but how else is a writer supposed to get ideas? Movies are helpful, true, but through books you can actually see how the weaving of words forms a bridge for the characters to cross. (Unfortunately for Rune and Ruby-my own characters-they are suspended on a bridge that has a gaping hole in the middle, unable to get to the greener grass on the other side. The troll is snickering.)

So, I figured it would help if I made a BOOK WISH LIST it may in fact help. So, here it is:

  • Sapphique
  • The Makeshift Miracle
  • The Forest of Hands and Teeth
  • White Cat
  • Love, Death, and Songs (something like that, I'm being bad and not remembering)
So, I hope that over the holidays I will have lots of time to read, write, and relax! I wish you the very best holiday (singing: And a happy new year!) Though I'm sure I'll post before then.

Enjoy the snow, cuddle up by the fire, make a nice cup of hot chocolate (unless you are allergic to chocolate, then popcorn will do,) and grab a good book. If that doesn't work for you, then do something else. (Just like if reading doesn't work for me, I'm sure I'll find some more solid substances to build the bridge :P) I mean, after all, when nothing goes right.....GO LEFT!

Happy Holidays!

PS- Thanks for commenting! :D

No comments: