Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Several Solutions For Writer's Block

As those of you who have read my early comments may know: I have had a previous issue with Writer's Block. Well, since then, you'd be surprised at how many people (outside of blogging included) have asked me about specific ways to banish the curse of Writer's Block. So, I thought I would make up a quick list of different things you might want to consider:

  • Get ideas (by reading really good books that will help you find your own voice in writing.)
  • Perhaps introduce a new character (who's deep and mysterious and will cause a stir)
  • Have something dramatic/tragic/exciting/horrifying happen
  • Talk to other people who take an interest in your writing (see if they have any ideas)
  • Write what makes you happy (if you are not interested in what you're writing then it will seem more like work than anything enjoyable!)
  • And (when all else fails) you need to know when it's time to give up and move on :( (Sad but true)
I hope that this helps you writers (if there are any) who are facing the unkind world of Writer's Block. Busy with school, but will try to post things soon. Stay tuned!

No comments: